LLB (Hons), DiplCArb, FCIArb, Barrister (NP), Chartered Arbitrator
- Barrister (NP) Lincoln’s Inn (1987)
- Chartered Arbitrator, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators’ President’s Panel of Arbitrators,
- Member TECBAR, Panel of Arbitrators
- Member, London Court of International Arbitration, Panel of Arbitrators
- Diploma, International Commercial Arbitration (1996) Course Director’s Prize Winner
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Vice Chair (2010-) and Honorary Secretary(Jan 2009-), CIArb London Branch
- Liveryman, Worshipful Company of Arbitrators
- Member, International Arbitration Club
- Freeman of the City of London
Irvinder Bakshi has over 20 years experience of arbitration in both domestic and international cases involving a range of commercial and construction related matters having acted over the years as counsel, party representative and arbitrator. She has been involved in a number of cases where costs have been the focus of proceedings before during and after the substantive arbitration proceedings.
Irvinder Bakshi has experience:
- As a Sole Arbitrator and also as a mediator.
- As a party representative she has acted as co-counsel in various international commercial arbitration proceedings under the ICC Rules with parties from India, Costa Rica, Uzbekistan and London.
- As party representative she has acted for the government of Eastern Mediterranean Country in respect of various civil engineering (under FIDIC) and building arbitrations (specialised contracts) in relation to domestic and international contracts relating to tunnels, hospitals and roads; and for agents of a Russian Republic in an arbitration under the GAFTA rules; she has also advised arbitration proceedings for a buyer arising under the Refined Sugar Association Rules of Contract under RSA Rules of Contract and Arbitration; and acted in/advised on significant building and civil engineering contracts including claims under the FIDIC, ICE and JCT standard forms of contract.
- As party representative she has acted in court on matter related to arbitration proceedings in a "no contract" stay to arbitration case, as “junior counsel” in Court of Appeal and assisting in drafting Petition to House of Lords; and on litigation/arbitration costs in the High Court for a Joint Venture of major engineering and concrete companies in costs appeals to Court of Appeal as well as in numerous related arbitrations and in the High Court arising out of a beach replenishment contract with multiple applications for leave to appeal against Awards, appeals to the High Court, remission to the Arbitrator, further applications to appeal/ re misconduct, and appeal to the Court of Appeal;
- She has advised on the appointment and conduct as one of 3 arbitrators and form and practice in respect of substantial international arbitration pursuant to UNCITRAL Rules;
- Irvinder's other tribunal work includes representing a private investor in claims against an investment firm including consideration of the FSA Rules and complaints to the FOS in the UK and in Jersey; making complaints on behalf of property developers to a local authority and the LGO; and making complaints to the FSA against an insurance company.